Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Passage - an exhibition of printmaking, papermaking and porcelain


Artists Pattie Murray and Sandra Pearce

Dates: 9 October to 2 November 2013
Where: Caboolture Regional Art Gallery, Hub Gallery, 4 Hasking Street, Caboolture
Times: M-F 9-4; Sat 9-3


Come along and view my exciting new exhibition with porcelain artist Pattie Murray. Our theme is 'Passage' where we each are describing our different journeys into the tidal zones - past and present.

For this exhibition I have used paper and natural fibres to explore my relationship with the tidal zones of Moreton Bay. By incorporating natural materials into my papermaking and printmaking processes, I have created sculptural works that describe my journey revisiting my childhood perceptions and experiences in Moreton Bay.

I've made some large freeform sheets of paper (over 2 metres long!) using natural fibres such as mulberry bark, lemon grass and silk cocoon strippings. Pattie has made some beautiful, fragile and colourful porcelain pieces.

Pattie and I will be at the gallery on Saturday 12 October from 10am to 3pm, please join us. We will be available to talk about our work and show you around.

Unfortunately the cafe at the Hub will be closed on the 12th, but there are other bakeries and cafes nearby.
If you visit during the week, I can highly recommend the cafe for coffee and cake!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment