Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Seed Artist Book

Last year I completed a drawing of a montage of seed pods in my collection.   Over the Xmas holidays I converted this drawing into an etching plate using UV light and a solar plate.

The original print, using chine-colle
 
I was mucking around at a friend's studio last month and decided to print small parts of the print, as bleed prints on small pieces of printmaking paper.


The pieces printed

From these pieces I constructed an artists book.  My starting point was a red and black cardboard box I found at a charity shop.  I've got a thing about boxes at the moment.
I wanted the book to 'flow' out of the box, so I used a concertina format with black card, mulberry papers and some handmade paper (I think it was bladey grass paper that I made at Xmas time).  I had a japanese bone catch in my stash (I knew it would come in handy one day, lucky I knew where I had put it!).

The book is simply titled ' Seed'.   Enjoy!









7 comments:

  1. Lovely Sandy, love the idea and it has inspired me to create something for next month. Great idea, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hairy bits work well for me & that touch of gold hits the spot Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hairy bits & that touch of gold just make your prints work well Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks to all for your lovely comments. I'm going to enter this book into the Books Beyond Words Exhibition.

      Delete