Monday, September 17, 2012

Andy Goldsworthy


I found this on the web http://vimeo.com/40558291 a 10 minute video giving insight into the construction of the new Andy Goldsworthy scuplture "Strangler Cairn" in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland.

Its such an amazing work.  I love Andy's passion and respect for the natural world.  "Strangler Cairn" has become quite controversial in the current political climate in Queensland due to the amount of money spent (the previous Labour government's project).

Its definately on my agenda to get in and see it in its early stages, and to watch it develop over the years.  Fingers crossed that someone doesn't decide to interfere with it.

More information on http://www.artplace.arts.qld.gov.au/projects/completedprojects?gal=56


2 comments:

  1. I tried, Sandra, but it's not running smoothly on my system. All the same, it's an interesting piece;thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinahmow sent me this link and it worked perfectly for me. I'm a longtime admirer of Andy Goldsworthy and I found this concept very interesting. Like you, Sandra, I'd like to see it now, and again every few years. It certainly wouldn't exist under this new government

    ReplyDelete